Call For Submissions
Silver & Gold
Publisher: Less Than Three Press
Deadline: February 28, 2015
Payment: Flat payment of $200 plus one copy each of the ebook formats LT3 produces and two copies of the paperback compilation.
Rights: We ask for 1st English Anthology rights. We only contract anthologies stories for use in that specific anthology. All other rights remain with the author, though we do stipulate that any alternate version not be published before the anthology is released. The duration of the contract/rights is 3 years.
Silver & Gold — Anthology Call — All love faces challenges, but one of the most difficult can be time. The distance of generations can be a hard one to cross, and judgment is frequent and heavy when a lover is too old or too young for society’s tastes. But love is also precious, and timeless, and worth all obstacles. Less Than Three Press invites authors to submit stories of people not afraid to bridge the span of time.
Editor’s Note: No stories about vampires, etc., where the age difference is hundreds of years.
- Deadline is February 28, 2015 (give or take, we won’t kill you for sending it off the following morning).
- Stories should be at least 10,000 words and should not exceed approx 20,000 words in length.
- Stories must feature a MAY/DECEMBER relationship, budding or established. This means an age difference of at least ten years.
- Stories may be any pairing except cisgender heterosexual M/F (trans* M/F, M/M, F/F, poly, and all permutations thereof are acceptable).
- Stories must have a happily ever after (HEA) or happy for now (HFN) end.
- Any sub-genre is gladly accepted: sci-fi, mystery, contemporary, steampunk, etc.
- All usual LT3 submission guidelines apply.
Silver and Gold is a general release anthology, which means authors will receive a flat payment of $200.00 once LT3 has a signed contract. Authors will receive one copy each of the ebook formats LT3 produces and two copies of the paperback compilation.
Stories should be complete before submitting, and as edited as possible—do not submit a first draft. They can be submitted in any format (doc, docx, rtf, odt, etc) preferably single spaced in an easy to read font (Times, Calibri, Arial) with no special formatting (no elaborate section separation, special fonts, etc). Additional formatting guidelines can be found
IMPORTANT: This anthology is being coordinated and edited by one of LT3’s senior editors, Amanda Jean. To submit, please send your manuscript to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the following in your email:
- Put SUBMISSIONS in the subject line! Emails without this subject line run the risk of not being seen or read, so please, do not forget this!
- Your real name, pen name (if you use one), and preferred email address.
- The approximate total length of the completed story.
- A brief summary of the story, not to exceed approximately 200 words in length.
- Attach the complete manuscript in .doc, .docx, or .odt format.
Any questions/concerns should be directed to the Editor, Amanda Jean, email@example.com.