Call For Submissions
Title: MF Chick-lit
Editor: Totally Bound Editorial Team
Publisher: Totally Bound Publishing
Deadline: Open Submission Call
Payment & Rights: We pay a royalty rate of 40% of the RRP for eBooks, 30% for audio, and 10% for print, based on our standard two year contract. Our contracts are for both electronic and print rights.
Lighthearted, funny and relatable storylines are the order of the day here. Totally Bound Publishing are currently acquiring Male/Female stories in the chick-lit genre. If you know an identifiable heroine who makes her way through life battling whatever comes her way with a smile, we would like to meet her. Submissions between 10-100k please. Series or serials are also welcomed. Send your submission, synopsis and series outline, if applicable, to email@example.com.
What we look for in submitted manuscripts;
- We look for creative storytelling and original style.
- We want you to weave tales of erotic romance through creating strong, dynamic and intelligent characters that your readers will remember.
- Plot driven erotic romances that illustrate the relationship between key characters, ideally with a happy ending, but if not it should be promising.
- We want varying degrees of sex throughout the story, with lots of opportunity for erotic exploration, interwoven with levels of tension and passion
- We want meaningful and expressive language that is explicit, but suitable for the storyline.
- We want writers who have a unique and new approach and a writing style that sets them apart from the rest. You must have a true talent for storytelling with an erotic slant.
What we ask for in submitted manuscripts: We only accept electronic communication. So, it’s essential that you send your script to us in e-format. We will only accept the following:
- Detailed synopsis of your book
- The full and complete manuscript
- Send in standard 12 pt font. Book Antiqua preferred.
- Generally we accept any size of story from 10,000 to 125,000 words
- Books will be published only if author owns all rights Include your name, pen-name and contact e-mail in the Query Letter and Synopsis
Send the submissions package to firstname.lastname@example.org